Securing your d-link router is the best way to protect it from unwanted and unauthorized access to your wireless network. Once you are done with the 192.168.1.1 d-link router setup you need to configure the wireless settings of the dlink router. If your d link router not secure, you are providing an opportunity to your hackers to steal your private information. Here, you will learn about how to secure dlink router.
How to add security to dlink wireless router?
Protecting yourself begins with your dlink router wireless network security. You must secure your router in order to protect it from unauthorized access. Now, go through the following section to understand how to add security to dlink wireless router.
- To begin, you need a computer that is connected directly to your dlink router. once you are connected, open an internet browser and across the top of the address bar enter type http://192.168.1.1 and then press the enter key.
- You will then be prompted to enter dlink router username and password in the required columns. Then, press the ‘Enter’ key.
- You will now enter into 192.168.1.1 d-link router setup wizard. Click on the ‘Wireless Settings’ on the screen.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the ‘Security Mode’
- Select the security that you want to apply. The recommended one is WPA2.
- Now, change your wireless network name by entering the new network name.
- Next, you need to change the D-link router wireless password.
- Press the save settings on the top of your screen.
- Once you click on the ‘save settings’ option, your router will now broadcast new security.
Once you follow the steps carefully, you will easily be able to secure your dlink wireless router. to know more details on how to add security to dlink wireless router, give us a call on our toll-free number. Our team will help you with some quick steps that you can use if your dlink router not secure.