If you have purchased a brand new D-Link router then you must be ready to get the fast Wi-Fi up and running. D-Link router comes with advanced technology and you can connect the multiple devices to the D-Link router’s network at the same time. The D-Link wireless router has built-in D-Link setup wizard that provides managed instructions to set your router up. Just open a web-browser and visit the dlinkrouter.local address. Once you log in to the D-Link router configuration page, you can change various settings on the D-Link device. D-Link setup wizard walks you through the configuration of the home router. Before you start the Dlink router setup, you must know about the following things:
- If you are using the PPPoE as your Internet connection type then you need its username and password. Ask your ISP for the PPPoE username and password.
- Unplug your existing modem and turn it off.
- Note down the network key and password.
- Connect your wireless device to the wireless connection.
Steps for the Dlink router setup
Connect the devices
- First of all, turn off the modem or unplug it from the power source.
- Now, connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the D-Link router.
- Use another Ethernet cable and attach it from the computer to the LAN port of the router.
- Plug the D-Link router in the power socket. Turn on the wifi router as well as your computer.
Log in to the D-Link Router
- Launch a web browser on your computer and enter the default login IP address 192.168.0.1.
- If you cannot connect to the IP address then use the local address of the D-Link router which is dlinkrouter.local.
- When a login screen appears, enter the login details i.e. username and password. Click ‘Login’.
Access the D-Link Setup wizard
- After you log in to the D-Link web management page, click on the ‘Setup’ option.
- Next, a quick setup wizard appears on the screen.
- Run the smart setup wizard and follow the online instructions.
- Click the ‘Wireless settings’ to assign your network a unique name.
- Next, choose WPA2 encryption key in the ‘Security’ mode.
- Now, set a strong password for your D-link router to secure and prevent the network from hackers or bad guys.
- After you configure the settings, save the settings to the network.
How to reset the D-Link router ?
If you face the dlink router setup issues or forgot the dlink password then reset the dlink router to the factory defaults. Here are the steps to perform the D-link router reset:
- First of all, look for the reset button on the back panel of the D-link router.
- Make sure the D-link router is powered on during the process.
- Use a paper clip or sharp pen to press the reset button.
- Now, press and hold the reset button for at least 20-30 seconds.
- Release the button when the power light on the router turns orange.
- Once reset, the D-Link router will reboot automatically. The power LED stops blinking and ready to use. All the D-Link settings will reset to the factory defaults. You need to configure the D-Link router once again.
This was all about the D-Link setup wizard. Hope this article helped you. If you have any queries related to the D-link router then contact our experts. You can call our technical experts on a toll-free no. or do a live chat with us. Our experts are available all day long to assist you in the best possible ways.